Meet our friends.
Mo'orea is entirely surrounded by a lagoon. J and I hopped on a lagoon tour boat to commune with les betes aquatiques. Humpbacked Whales, Spinner Dolphins, White Tip Reef Sharks, and stingrays. We saw um all!
The stringrays are unabashedly pushy, having become accustomed to free handouts when the white-legged awkward swimmers come. They bounce off of the tourists and muscle their way in between people to get where they're going. One veteran stingray would park himself in front of me and snarfle-huff my feet to let me know I should get on with feeding him.
We have little videos of these encounters. I particularly like listening to the accompanying audio -- there's a French women who squeals whenever one the of the rays bumps her from behind. Oh it makes me chuckle.
1 comment:
Kirsten H and I have a new game. I'm the stingray and she's not a stingray.
Post a Comment