I have joked about my father's insistence on how perfect the weather is here but damned if he's not right. Crisp mornings, pitch perfect day temps, dry air, and ideal sleeping weather - it's like a perfect Sept day in Boston every day. (I just used the word perfect three times.) And then to get up and learn that they're harvesting cabernet on the b&b premises, tour the b&b carriage barn where they house 15 or so carriages in their collection, scootch off to an olive oil tasting, make a run to the coast at Morro Bay, and round out our stay at the Madonna Inn before our next leg...I am so very content.
The Madonna Inn is a renowned landmark here in San Luis Obispo. I doubted the hype but I'm a believer now. The whole compound is an homage to 50s kitsch but done thoughtfully, authentically, and meticulously maintained. They have waitresses in the pastry shop dressed in Bavarian outfits, a pink dining room peppered with booth seating, and each guest room has its own theme executed with creativity but again authenticity. J and I are in the "Swiss Chalet" room with a view of the sprawling Madonna ranch. Color palette, materials? Teal, wood paneling, a quilted scene of the Swiss Alps on the backdrop of a cool 50s green. J is surprised at how much I am enjoying the tack. But oh I am with all sincerity. Check out the Madonna Inn Web site if you doubt their commitment to their art.
No comments:
Post a Comment